2022 SMITHVILLE LIVESTOCK SHOW DATES & EXPENSE REPORT REMINDERS
We wanted to share a couple of reminders for our Smithville Show Exhibitors, since we are about 3.5 weeks away from the show! There are a few dates and a couple of tasks that will need to be completed.
As a reminder, the rulebook is available for download HERE. Exhibitors and family members are responsible for knowing the rules that apply to their projects. Remember that 4-H members are representing our program at all times while at the show and should be following the Texas 4-H Code of Conduct while present at shows.
Please also note that the rulebook outlines a fine of $100 per violation for not participating in the setup and cleanup events. If you have a conflict, please get with your species superintendent(s) and your Ag Teacher(s)/County Agent ahead of time to discuss everything.
Please see the rest of the information below and let us know if you have any questions!
- Sunday, April 10, 2022 – 2:00 PM Mandatory Set-up Day at the Riverbend Park Pavilion (Project Expense Sheets also due at this time)
- Saturday, April 23, 2022 – Show Day!
- Sunday, April 24, 2022 – 2:00 PM Mandatory Clean-up Day at Riverbend Park Pavilion
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022 – Exhibitor Thank You Notes should be received by the Show Committee
PROJECT EXPENSE REPORTS:
- All exhibitors must turn in a project expense sheet for EACH of their projects they will be showing
- These sheets need to be turned in to either your 4-H Agent (Mellanie Mickelson) or your Ag Teacher (Brad Bass or Rebecca Walla)
- These are due on or before the Stock Show Set Up day, Sunday, April 10, 2022.
- A fillable PDF version is available for download at https://bit.ly/SmithvilleExpense
- For our new members, some items that you might include on this sheet are:
- Cost of your animal project (what you paid for it)
- Feed purchases (what type of feed, name, etc.)
- Supplement purchases (what type of supplement, name, etc.)
- New equipment purchases (water buckets, feeders, halters, lead ropes, pig whips, fencing, housing, brushes, cleaning & hair products, bedding, etc.)
- Medical Expenses (Veterinary visits, medications, hoof trimming, vaccinations, treatments, etc.)
- Show related expenses (health certificates from veterinarian, show entry fees, hotel expenses, fuel expenses, etc.)
- Cost of 4-H/FFA membership dues
- Income may potentially come from sponsored or donated items, participation in other shows such as jackpots or the Elgin Livestock Show, or the sale of equipment or projects
- If you have questions or need help with this item, please let Mellanie know as soon as possible.
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That’s all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187
Website – https://bastrop.agrilife.org
Blog – www.bastrop4h.blogspot.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/BastropCounty4H