A summary of Council Officer Requirements is included below; a full description of each position is available in the 2019-2020 Bastrop County 4-H Council Bylaws.
- Officers to be elected for the Council include: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Parliamentarian, Reporter, Historian, two District Delegates and one Alternate District Delegate.
- Age requirements: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, three District Delegates and one Alternate delegate must be fourteen by August 31st of the year they are elected.
- Term of office: Officers shall be elected annually and shall not be eligible for the same office in two consecutive full terms (with the exception of District and Alternate Delegates). The term of office for all officers shall be September 1st to August 31st of the next year.
- Officers shall have had at least two (2) years of club membership including the current year.
- No council officer should hold more than one (1) office on the council, with the exception of district delegates.
- President and vice president cannot be from the same club or in the same family.
- Those wanting to run for office must fill out an application and submit it to the County Extension staff by March 15th. Officers will be elected at the April meeting for the following year.
- Those wanting to run for office must have submitted a recordbook the previous year and must submit one for the current year. (Summer is when county record books are due. Recordbook as defined by the Texas 4-H Program.)
- Missed meetings: Two unexcused absences are all that is allowed without the officer being replaced. An excused absence does not count against you. An excused absence is defined as a death in the family, illness, conflicting school functions or if you are participating in another approved 4-H function. Bring proof of an excused absence to the next meeting and present it to the secretary.
- Mandatory Planning/Training Attendance: It is mandatory for all Council officers to attend the annual planning meeting and the Prestige Leadership Conference. Failure to attend these two (2) events will result in the 4-H member relinquishing their Council Officer position. An excused absence does not count against you.
2020-2021 Council Officer Meeting Dates:
- Wednesday, June 3, 2020 – Council Planning Meeting (Time TBD)
- July 2020 – Leadership Conference (Exact Dates TBD)
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Tuesday, October 6, 2020
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021 (officer elections for 2021-2022)