4-H Connect is:
- The official Texas 4-H Youth Development Program database for enrolled 4-H members and volunteers.
- A secured database that is in compliance with the PCI Security Standards Council. The Texas 4-H Youth Development Program and the 4HOnline company work closely to monitor and ensure the highest level of protection for information stored on the system. Texas 4-H, nor 4HOnline, does not share or sell any personal information to third party vendors without your knowledge or permission.
- Based on “zero-based enrollment.” This means that each year at the start of the enrollment cycle membership in Texas 4-H goes to zero and everyone must re-enroll. This process is based on federal accounting policies.
- A partnership between the 4-H family and the county Extension Office. We encourage all 4-H families to become familiar with 4-H CONNECT in order to prevent “meltdowns” at crucial times of enrollment, animal validation or registration! Please work with the county Extension Office for any questions or problems you maybe experiencing with the system.
- NOT a database for counties/clubs/families to enter family members (i.e. siblings, grandparents, etc) that are not directly involved as a 4-H member or volunteer.
Did You Know?
- Most questions can be answered by calling your county extension office. (counties.agrilife.org/)
- You are not a member or a volunteer of Texas 4-H until you have an ACTIVE status listed on your profile in 4-H CONNECT.
- 4-H members CANNOT register for an event/contest until the member profile is ACTIVE. If the county requires paper enrollment forms, that office has to enter enrollment information into the 4-H CONNECT system as well.
- Adult Volunteers are required to be screened through the Texas 4-H Youth Protection Standards program every three years.
- Texas A&M Agrilife Extension does not accept any personal checks for participation fees, animal validations or event registrations.
- A youth that is 8 years old and going into the 3rd grade must wait until September 1st to enroll for proper fees to be accessed in the
To help ensure your first time enrollment, or your re-enrollment, is as easy as possible, this document has been developed to lead you through the process. Please read and contact your county Extension Office if you have any questions prior to you beginning the enrollment process. (counties.agrilife.org/)
CONNECT WITH THE CLOVER
JOIN TEXAS 4-H TODAY!
- Access the 4-H CONNECT on-line system at: 4-H Connect
- Set up only one (1) FAMILY profile household on 4-H CONNECT.
- Write down and place in a secure location the email address and password for the account. Contact the local County Extension Office for assistance in resetting the account.
- Add individual youth and adult profiles (members) in your family profile. Adult/Youth and family profiles must be entered for an enrollment to be reviewed and accepted.
- New Members: Select [I need to set up a profile]. Returning Members: Select [I have a profile] or [I forgot my password]. Contact County Extension Office for resetting assistance.
- New Members: Select Adult or Youth from the drop down menu and click [Add Member].
Returning Members: Click [Edit] to the right of the inactive member’s profile.
- Once all profile information is current and correct under the Personal Information, Additional Information, Health Form, and Participation areas of enrollment continue to the Invoice page.
- Review your invoice to ensure that the participation fee has been charged and it is correct. If you have been awarded an award certificate or a scholarship to cover your participation fee, enter the award code in the award code box. Once information has been reviewed, click continues to the Payment screen.
- New Members: If you are new to 4-H, you can add your credit card payment information to 4-H CONNECT and it will be securely stored. Click the orange [Add New Credit Card] link if paying with credit card or select the county club check option.
Returning Members: If the credit card on file has been updated you will need to remove it and add the credit card again using the new information.
- Select the appropriate method of payment by clicking on the correct button, then click [Select Payment Method.]
- On the “Confirm page” each person will be required to click the [Pay By Computer Terms and Conditions]. Click [Submit Enrollment]
- Once an enrollment (new member) or re-enrollment (returning member) has been submitted, it is sent to the county office for review and approval. Once approved and paid for, an email confirmation will be sent to the family email address. Payment by4-H Check can take up to 2 weeks to process. An active membership status WILL NOT be granted until participation fees have been received and marked as paid. 4-HConnect Instruction pages can be found online at http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/4-h-connect-resources/INSTRUCTIONSNEW MEMBERS
- DO NOT establish another family or member profile on4-H CONNECT if you already have one in the system.
- Contact the local County Extension Office for assistance with the email or password if forgotten.
- When you access your profile to re-enroll REVIEW YOUR PROFILE VERY CAREFULLY. Incorrect information can create problems for you, your family, and the Extension Office when trying to communicate, accessing appropriate fees, acquiring school absences, etc.