2022 Texas 4-H Roundup Event Reminders
We wanted to send a couple of reminders to everyone following up on the Texas 4-H Roundup emails sent through the 4HOnline broadcast email system.
Check out the following information and links and let us know if you have any questions! We will be emailing those who qualified for contests this week to make sure they get registered; however, anyone can attend invitational contests!! This is a great opportunity to see if you like that contest, see the Texas A&M Campus, and check out some of the statewide things that happen in 4-H!!
Texas 4-H Roundup is a qualifying and invitational event for Senior 4-H youth (9th-12th) who placed in a district level roundup or signed up to compete in one of the invitational events. The Texas 4-H Roundup has around 50 diverse competitions that tie in with the many projects that 4-H has to offer.
LEAD Academy is designed to engage youth in hands-on educational activities in which they explore, practice, and master existing and newly developed skills and knowledge in civic engagement, civic education, and personal development. It is an opportunity for volunteers to sharpen their skills to help them while working with the 4-H members in their clubs and projects. Volunteers can connect and network with other volunteers and parents.
DATE & LOCATION:
- June 6-9, 2022
- Texas A&M University Campus in College Station, Texas
- Registration Closes at 11:59 PM on Thursday, May 12, 2022
- Registration Portal: 4-H Online
- Event Name: “2022 Texas 4-H Roundup – LEAD Academy” You are able to register for both contest and the LEAD Academy workshop opportunities through this one event. This is not just LEAD Academy.
LINKS & OTHER INFORMATION
- Registration Portal: 4-H Online
- Texas 4-H Roundup Blog
- Schedule of Events
- Roundup Guide: PDF | Google Doc
- Logos: JPG | PNG
- Contest Schedule
- Contest Changes and Reminder
- Hotel Room Block
- Parking Permits
- Lead Academy
PREVIOUS BROADCAST EMAIL:
The following email has been sent to all 9th – 12th graders through 4HOnline broadcast email. Hopefully this email helps everyone find the event they are looking for. You can register for Contest, LEAD Academy, or both through the one event! Workshop information is posted to the LEAD Academy website now. Also at the bottom of this email you will find parking information which was not available when I sent the county agent email out earlier this week.
You will receive another email tomorrow morning to sign up for the HELP NEEDS for the contest that week. We are finalizing some judges/moderators/etc that have been already confirmed by our Superintendents before we release to what needs we still have for the week.
Are you ready to Amplify Your Impact?
Learn more about our upcoming exciting Texas 4-H Roundup week from our Texas 4-H Council members by watching this promo video https://fb.watch/cLU-sBTn0U/
Two sites to bookmark –
Texas 4-H Roundup https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/roundup/ –
LEAD Academy https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/events/lead/ – Workshop descriptions should be posted on the website Monday
Registration is now open for the “2022 Texas 4-H Roundup – LEAD Academy” event through May 12th. All registrations need to be at a PENDING status before May 13th. Any INCOMPLETE registration as of May 13th will be deleted from the system. Those planning to attend would then have to begin their register again which would be at the $50 late fee.
This year registration is based on a per event participation, contests are $25/contest as well as $25 for LEAD Academy participation/day. There is not an option for our Senior level 4-H members to do “Assembly Only”. This option is only for our 3rd – 8th Graders (who may be attending with family members) and Adults. There is a daily activity either a contest or LEAD Academy opportunity provided for our Senior level 4-H members and we encourage them to take advantage of these options.
Everyone will be required to upload the following forms with their registration.
Must be uploaded by all participants (youth and adults):
- Download PDF – Waiver
- Download PDF – HSS Health and Safety Statement
- Download PDF – Media Release
- Download PDF – Code of Contact
Have these forms prepared, properly signed and dated, when you are ready to begin your registration process.
Please pay close attention to your registration options when you register.
Registration options in 4HOnline
Youth = Senior level 4-H members that will be competing and/or participating in LEAD Academy
2021-2022 Texas 4-H Council Members – Registration type for the 30 2021-2022 Texas 4-H Council Members only. If you select this type, your registration will have to be deleted and started over
Adults = Adult volunteers, Extension Employees/Staff (Will have the option for LEAD Academy Workshops or Assembly only pass. Contest that are open to the public will be accessible as well)
Non Competing Youth (3rd – 8th grades) – Day or Week pass only option for assemblies and contests that are open to the public
4-H Scholar (Not competing nor participating in LEAD Academy) – This option will only be available May 13th – May 18th for a 4-H Opportunity Scholar to register that may not already be registered because of a contest or LEAD
Here is where it may get a bit more confusing.
Youth – After they click Youth. They will need to select a Session. There are 4 options:
1. CONTEST ONLY – For youth only competing in contests. Includes Assembly entry, no LEAD Academy Workshops)
2. LEAD Academy ONLY – LEAD Academy Only. No Roundup contests (Includes Assembly entry)
3. CONTESTS & LEAD Academy Workshops – For Youth Competing in Roundup AND participating in LEAD Academy
4. STEM & Photography Ambassadors – Only ASSISTING with Texas 4-H Roundup LEAD Academy, not a participant/contestant
Adults – After they click Adults. They will need to select a Session. There are 3 options:
1. LEAD Academy (Adult) – LEAD Academy for Adults (includes Evening Assemblies)
2. AgriLife Extension Employees ONLY – AgriLife Extension Employee (County Agent, Program Asst, Interns, etc.)
3. ASSEMBLY ONLY – Assembly Only – No Contests (youth) or Workshop Participation. You can watch contests that are open to the public.
Parking permits will be required on campus. You will be required to enter the vehicle license plate at time of purchase. Permits can be bought the week of our event if you do not yet know which vehicle you will be bringing.
There are no longer paper permits that will be placed in your window, your license plate is your permit. You will be able to purchase a Full Conference pass for $25 or day passes for $7. You will select Texas 4-H Roundup in the drop down menu at https://transport2.tamu.edu/account/conference/parkingpermits.aspx
A map showing which parking lots the permits are good for can be found at https://transport.tamu.edu/WebFS/Transport/Maps/Events/4hconfernce.pdf (Pearce Pavilion may not currently be noted on the map, but is being updated to include Lot 58 and 63)
- Other opportunities can be found on the County Calendar – registration information should be included for each post.
- Other Contest related opportunities can be found on the Judging Card Calendar – to sign up for these opportunities, please contact Mellanie at MLMickelson@ag.tamu.edu or at 512-581-7186
That’s all for now! Have a great week and let us know if you have any questions!
Mellanie L. Mickelson
Bastrop County Extension Agent – 4-H & Youth Development
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Services
P.O. Box 650 | 901 Pecan Street | Bastrop, TX 78602
p: (512) 581-7186 | c: (512) 522-9174 | f: (512) 581-7187
Website – https://bastrop.agrilife.org
Blog – www.bastrop4h.blogspot.com
Facebook – www.facebook.com/BastropCounty4H